26th January 2019
The tastiest vegan curry I’ve stumbled upon so far...it’s sooo damn yummy you’ll be licking every last morsel off your plate!
I managed to get three servings at £1.37 each with 80g of white basmati rice.
- I tbsp coconut oil (10p)
- I tbsp cumin seeds (10p)
- 1 medium onion (5p)
- 3 large garlic cloves (10p)
- 4 tsp fresh grated garlic (20p)
- 1 tsp turmeric (4p)
- 1 tsp ground coriander (4p)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (2p)
- 350g dices sweet potato (30p)
- 480g tinned Chickpeas (66p)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (33p)
- 250ml coconut cream (£1.20)
- 120g spinach (homegrown)
- Rinse and soak the chickpeas for 12 hours. Rinse again before using.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium/high heat. Added the cumin seeds (they should sizzle away if the oil is hot enough). Toast for a minute or so until fragrant – be carful not to burn them. Stir in the onion with a pinch of salt for around 5 minutes until they soften a little.
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, and chilli flakes. Stir and sauté for a few minutes until the garlic softens.
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, tomatoes with their juices and a little water, and the coconut cream. Stir and cover for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes becomes tender.
- Stir in the spinach and coo until wilted. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with brown or white basmati rice, a handful of fresh coriander and a wedge of lime to garnish.
Rough macros (with 80g of white basmati rice);
- Carbs – 120g
- Proteins – 26.5g
- Fats – 21g
- Fibre – 13g